The Australian Privacy Principles
The Privacy Act sets standards for the way we must deal with personal information by regulating:
- the way we collect your personal information;
- the way we use and disclose it;
- our data quality and security for storage of your personal information;
- any direct marketing we undertake;
- your right of access and correction of your personal information;
- how we handle any privacy complaints; and
- any international transfer of information.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any information or opinion about you (whether true or not), which either identifies you or from which your identity can reasonably be determined.
We only collect your personal information where that personal information is necessary for one or more of our business functions or transactions.
The types of personal information we collect may differ depending on your relationship with us. The personal information we collect includes:
- in the case of the general public contacting our customer services wishing to make a complaint, provide feedback, submit an enquiry, request a call-back or request a product replacement - your full name, physical address, email address and/or phone number/s;
- in the case of the general community of supporters and subscribers who wish to be kept informed of our latest business news, promotions, events or products – your full name, physical address, email address and/or phone number/s;
- in the case of customers purchasing our products via our Website - your full name, physical address, email address, phone number/s and credit card details; and
- in the case of general users of our Website – your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to collect aggregate information on how visitors are experiencing the Website and better adapt the Website to suit personal requirements.
Can you choose not to disclose your personal information?
If you contact us to make a general inquiry about our business or products, you do not have to identify yourself or provide any personal information unless you require further contact at a later stage or if you would like us to send you information or products.
You can also notify us that you wish to deal with us by not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym. However, if we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with the products, services, information or assistance you require.
For example, we will not be able to send you information about our products if you have not provided us with a valid email address or phone number.
We will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may use third party service providers to collect and store personal information on our behalf. Where appropriate, we will request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
Enquiries and Complaints
If you wish to access or correct your personal information, or if you have any concerns or enquiries about how we deal with your personal information, you should contact us at email@example.com
We take all complaints seriously and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992